Your convenience is our Top Priority


LOCAL CIVIL WEDDINGS [Both Filipino Citizens]

  1. Copies of NSO Birth Certificate or Local Civil Registry Copy of your Birth Records.
  2. CENOMAR - Certificate of No Marriage
  3. Government Valid ID [ Passport, SSS,Driver's License, Student ID) Any proof of Identification


  1. ORIGINAL COPY OF THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - In most  cases, MCW allows a scanned copy or a photocopy of a Foreigners Birth Certificate, however, it is best to have the Original Copy with you when you travel here in the Philippines.   For those coming from a country that has a Non-English Birth Record, This document should undergo English translation and MUST be notarized by Legal entity within the Philippine. (Example of Countries that needs translation are - India, Japan, China, Korea, several countries in South Africa and some part of Europe).  MCW has a licensed professional who can translate Birth Certificates from several Foreign Language.
  2. Copy of Foreigner's current Passport that shows all pertinent information like , Full Name, Date of Birth Nationality, Date of Birth etc).
  3. Legal Capacity or CCNI (USA),  in some other countries it's being called, Affidavit of Affirmation or Affidavit of Confirmation (UK/British). There are various ways of obtaining this document, depending on the requirements of the Foreigner's Embassy. Most of the time, This document MUST be secured within the Foreign Embassy located within the Philippines and requires setting up an online appointment in advance. Canada is pretty straight forward, once your Canadian fiance arrived in the Philippines, he can go straight to the Embassy in PH and secure the Legal Capacity.  To cut it short, it is just 1 piece of paper that you will write/sign under oath that you are have no existing active marriage outside the Philippines, and have no Legal impediment to contract marriage. MCW will publish a different blog soon itemizing the steps per country, but if you have any difficulties with this document, we are always here to help. 


Registration of Application for Marriage License

Release Date: 

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Reglamentary Period and Place of Registration

Where a marriage license is required, each of the contracting parties shall file separately a sworn application for such license with the proper civil registrar which shall specify the following:

  1. Full name of the contracting party;
  2. Place of birth;
  3. Age and date of birth
  4. Civil Status;
  5. If previously married, how, when and where the previous marriage was dissolved or annulled;
  6. Present residence and citizenship;
  7. Degree of relationship of the contracting parties;
  8. Full name, residence and citizenship of the father;
  9. Full name, residence and citizenship of the mother; and
  10. Full name, residence and citizenship of the guardian or person having charge, in case the contracting party has neither father nor mother and is under the age of twenty-one years.

Requisites in Applying for a Marriage License

1.  Original birth certificate or baptismal certificates of the contracting parties or copies of such documents duly attested by the persons having custody of the original.

If either of the contracting parties is unable to produce his birth or baptismal certificate or a certified copy of either because of the destruction or loss of the original, or if it is shown by an affidavit of such party or of any other person that such birth or baptismal certificate has not yet been received though the same has been required of the person having custody thereof at least fifteen (15) days prior to the date of the application, such party may furnish in lieu thereof his current residence certificate or an instrument drawn up and sworn to before the civil registrar concerned or any public official authorized to administer oaths.

The presentation of the birth or baptismal certificate shall not be required if the parents of the contracting parties appear personally before the civil registrar concerned and swear to the correctness of the lawful age of such parties.

2.  If either of the contracting parties has been previously married, the applicant shall be required to furnish, instead of the birth or baptismal certificate, the death certificate of the deceased spouse or the judicial decree of the absolute divorce, or the judicial decree of annulment or declaration of nullity of his or her previous marriage.

3.  In case either or both of the contracting parties, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, a consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned shall be obtained.

4. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to seek parental advice upon the intended marriage. If it is unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application thereof.

5. In the case where parental consent or parental advice is needed, the parties concerned shall attach a certificate issued by proper authorities to the effect that the contracting parties have undergone marriage counseling.

6. When either or both of the contracting parties are citizens of a foreign country, it shall be necessary for them before a marriage license could be obtained, to submit a certificate of legal capacity to contract marriage, issued by their respective diplomatic or consular officials.

7. The license shall be valid in any part of the Philippines for a period of one hundred twenty days from the date of issue, and shall be deemed automatically cancelled at the expiration of said period if the contracting parties have not made use of it.

Number of Copies to be Accomplished

It shall be the duty of the contracting parties to accomplish four (4) copies of the Application for Marriage License for registration. After the registration, the civil registrar shall distribute copies of the document bearing the civil registry number as follows: first copy to the registrant; second copy to the Office of the Civil Registrar-General; third copy shall be retained for his file; and fourth copy to the solemnizing office

- See more at:

Delayed Registration of Marriage

In delayed registration of marriage, the solemnizing officer or the person reporting or presenting the marriage certificate for registration shall be required to execute and file an affidavit in support thereof, stating the exact place and date of marriage, the facts and circumstances surrounding the marriage, and the reason or cause of the delay. (53:1a) 

- See more at:

Validity of Marriage License

“Art. 20. The license shall be valid in any part of the Philippines for a period of one hundred twenty days (120 Days) from the date of issue, and shall be deemed automatically cancelled at the expiration of the said period if the contracting parties have not made use of it. The expiry date shall be stamped in bold characters on the face of every license issued (65a)” (Family Code of the Philippines).